Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

8.4.1 apple music bug

Hi guys,

so i made the 8.4.1 update on several devices and i have a problem with the music app .

On both iPhone 5 and iPad Air, the music app (using Apple Music) randomly stop working (no stream, no nothing).

Also if i try to go to settings > Music, the whole settings app just freeze and doesn't work anymore.

I need to restart the phone/iPad until the next freeze.

Really annoying i must say ...

Anyone with the same problem ?

Could this be fixed or should i try to downgrade ?

Thx for any clue !

PS : Please note that i didn't have this issue before the 8.4.1 update.

iPhone 5, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 3:36 AM

i had EXACTLY the same problem. Switching the phone off for a hard re-boot (not restore) would get things going again but only for a few minutes then the issue returned. The communities are full of reports of the same problem with nothing coming from Apple. I was ready to give up.

About an hour ago (10:30 hrs BST) everything just started working again. I didn't to anything. I assume Apple have been quietly working on a fix in the background. I hope this fix lasts. And I hope you are enjoying the same fix.

iPhone 6 plus IOS 8.4.1

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2015 3:36 AM in response to Fissunix

i had EXACTLY the same problem. Switching the phone off for a hard re-boot (not restore) would get things going again but only for a few minutes then the issue returned. The communities are full of reports of the same problem with nothing coming from Apple. I was ready to give up.

About an hour ago (10:30 hrs BST) everything just started working again. I didn't to anything. I assume Apple have been quietly working on a fix in the background. I hope this fix lasts. And I hope you are enjoying the same fix.

iPhone 6 plus IOS 8.4.1

Aug 26, 2015 10:24 PM in response to Fissunix

When this happens, I'd be curious if you see the same symptom that I do ... occasionally when a song changes, the artwork and song title does not, and that's when it freezes. The song will continue to play with the wrong title and artwork, but then freeze at the end. If I kill the Music app and re-start it then it will be OK for awhile, but eventually return. It seems to happen every 100+ songs, so I get in the habit each day of killing the app at the end of the day and that seems to help.

This problem has happened before to me in prior versions, and most recently on 8.4.1 I've restored from scratch with no backup (that was fun) and the problem persists and I see no pattern on what songs it hangs up on (e.g. .mp3 vs. AAC, nor any particular album). It's almost as if the iPhone (6+ in my case) gets part of its memory corrupted and needs the app to be killed to clear it out.

Aug 27, 2015 3:31 AM in response to rockmyplimsoul

Yes, i just had this problem (again) just one minute ago.

The screen freezes at the end of a song while next song is playing. Often the music app just crashes after a few seconds...

Does not happen as often as the first problem but it does happen.

Also i forgot to mention the bloody "Apple Music" ad that shows up and ask you to subscribe when nothing is working anymore ah ah 🙂

8.4.1 apple music bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.