Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook Pro has a glitchy screen and freezes all the time

I bought my MacBook Pro less than a year ago. It's my second one and has better specs than my last one. It has the Intel Graphics 4000 etc which my last MacBook didn't have. Never had any problems with my last one by the way, the only thing that ever broke was battery and it just got replaced.

The Software is OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks

Anyway, ever since about 2 weeks after I bought it, it started being really slow, freezing all the time. Programs like Photoshop etc go on "not responding" for about 20 minutes before I can actually get on them. Same with little things like iPhoto and web browsers take about 10 minutes to do one google search. The other problem I have with it is that on start up, usually if I've just closed the screen without shutting it down... even for a couple of hours, on the log in screen it freezes for AGES and won't let me enter my password or do anything.

I haven't been able to take it to get repaired because I needed it for Uni and couldn't be without it (I'm a graphics student) but then I went on holiday last week so I took it in, picked it up when I got back and they said it was fixed and that the hard drive cable was loose. It was fine for about 3 days and then went back to its usual freeze/slow self.

I'm honestly at a loose end on what to do, I have clients etc work to do so I can't afford to be without a laptop for another week or possibly more. Does anyone know what's wrong with it?!

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 5:10 AM

There are no replies.

My Macbook Pro has a glitchy screen and freezes all the time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.