Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove orphaned VPN server entries?

I tried to install a VPN profile with AnyConnect servers which failed after a few minutes of processing. Probably because it had too many servers in a single profile. Smaller profiles don't have any issue on the same iPhone.

It turns out that many of the AnyConnect servers in this failed VPN profile were correctly installed, so now I have a list of AnyConnect servers in Settings > VPN. Now I want to delete these servers from my iPhone, but the usual method (Settings > General > Profiles) isn't working because the failed profile isn't listed there.

Other methods I've tried:

* Reset Network Settings in Settings > General > Reset (It removed manually created VPN entries, but not those installed by the profile.)

* Deleting them from Settings > General > Profiles. (The failed profile doesn't show up at all.)

* Deleting them from Settings > General > VPN. (Impossible, which is expected for VPN entries installed by a profile.)

* Deleting them from within the AnyConnect app. (Impossible, which is expected for VPN entries installed by a profile.)

The iPhone should've removed all these servers automatically when it decided that the profile installation failed, but it didn't. Instead, it left me with a list of "orphaned" VPN servers.

Is there any way to remove these servers, short of a full factory reset?

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 3:39 AM

There are no replies.

How to remove orphaned VPN server entries?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.