Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

8.4.1 mail broken

Dear Apple,

Please test software before putting it up for download.

• After 'upgrading' to 8.4.1 on iPhone 6p battery utilization went thru the roof.
  • Mail app is broken.
    • Deleted account and re-entered account info -- did not work
    • Backed up iPhone and did a restore -- did not work

The Mail application is not filling out the User ID field to fetch mail (imap) and times out.

Aug 26 10:38:01 imap-login: Info: Disconnected (no auth attempts in 60 secs): user=<>, rip=166.X.X.X, lip=198.Y.Y.Y, TLS handshaking: Disconnected, session=<iKw0zDceFgCmqh90>

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 7:43 AM

15 replies

Aug 26, 2015 7:49 AM in response to Warmspit

You are not addressing Apple here. This is a user-to-user forum. A couple of things you might try:

• Try a forced restart: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the restart.
  • Reset all Settings: Settings App > Reset.
  • Check with your email provider.
  • Restore the device as new (without using the backup): Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Sep 3, 2015 6:15 PM in response to Warmspit

Same problem after 8.4.1 upgrade. Tried everything, all my email settings were correct - no go. Very, very angry... Tonite I just deleted the account. Then I thought, why not just plug those correct numbers in again and re-do the account? Same exact settings - email back on-line in seconds. Thank FSM I didn't reset my device...that was for the weekend. 8.4.1 apparently broke just that setting (oddly, left my gmail intact). Getting hard to trust the Apple software boys. Last time I break my 6-8 weeks before upgrade rule ...

8.4.1 mail broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.