Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 not showing more than 3 days of email

Hi

I had a 4s that worked fine. Now I just got the Iphone 6.

The email is setup with a automatically generated profile from my work to get email and contacts from the Lotus server. It creates a account and then my emails and folders and contacts shows up.

The problem is that its not showing more than 3 days of email. This seems like the default setting from the profile. This should be changeable in "Settings/Email..../Lotus account/Days to sync" it was set to 3 days. But hee the problem starts.

First when trying to change this is reverts back to the same setting just by back stepping in the settings and going forward again to the setting. I restarted the phone and now it showed what I last tried to set it to (2 weeks). But still Apple email app showing only 3 days of email. I changed setting to sync everything. Sometimes I have to restart to make the setting stick and sometimes not. But still stuck on 3 days.

Rebbooted phone many times.

Latest OS 8.4.1 12H321

Tried a full reset of the phone and setup just the email.

Nothing helped.

Since this is a profile some settings seems to be in "/Settings/Email..." and some settings in "Settings/General/Profiles/"

I think this might be a fault in the OS for iphone 6 (did work in the 4s) or the profile that sets the settings for email.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 4:02 AM

2 replies

Aug 27, 2015 6:11 AM in response to JKLman

Did some more testing.

Although the setting for how many days to sync is not 100% stable in the iphone. Like I sais it goes back to previous setting once you exit the setting. But not all the time. Anyway. I got more email to sync by marking emals unread in the Lotus client on the computer and then syncing to the phone. Then they popped up in the phone. Then I just marked all read again.

Cheers

Iphone 6 not showing more than 3 days of email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.