Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod nano5 won't sync unless I restart my windows vista computer

My iPod Nano won't sync unless I restart my computer. It syncs, but then when I remove the iPod, I get a message that says the iPod can't be synced because the disc cannot be found. I'm using Windows Vista.

iPod nano (6th generation), Windows Vista

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 6:09 AM

1 reply

Aug 27, 2015 7:54 AM in response to podcastpapa

Hello there, podcastpapa.

It sounds like after an initial sync, you are unable to sync again without restarting your computer running Windows Vista. It's possible there may be an issue with the iPod Nano not being ejected properly from iTunes. To make sure, review the recommendations in the following Knowledge Base article:

How to eject an iPod - Apple Support

When you can disconnect before you eject

You can safely disconnect your iPod and unplug the USB cable if the iPod displays any of the messages or screens below:

• "Charging"
  • "OK to disconnect"
  • The iPod main menu with selections like Music, Settings, and Extras.

You can also safely disconnect your iPod shuffle when it displays a solid amber or solid green LED.

User uploaded file

When you need to eject before you unplug

You must eject your iPod before you disconnect if it displays any of the screens below:

• "Do not disconnect"
  • "Connected, Eject Before Disconnecting"
  • "Sync in Progress, Please Wait ..."

You must eject your iPod shuffle first before disconnecting when it displays a blinking amber LED.

If the "Enable disk use" or "Manually manage music and videos" options are turned-on for iPod in iTunes, you will need to manually eject your iPod each time before you disconnect the cable.

User uploaded file

Eject your iPod

1. Locate your iPod.
  2. From the sidebar on the left-hand side of the iTunes window, click the eject User uploaded file icon.
    User uploaded file

After you select your iPod, you can also eject it using the Command and E keys on your keyboard.

If you find the issue persists, then feel free to go over the troubleshooting recommended in this article:

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Cheers.

My ipod nano5 won't sync unless I restart my windows vista computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.