Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone no longer working with 2013 Nissan Rogue

I have a 2013 Nissan Rogue and have been able to use my phone via usb in my car just fine. It seems like after the last update that things kind of quit working. It's hit or miss. When not working, the phone will keep vibrating every 10 seconds or so and I eventually get a communication error on my car screen. Every now and then I will get a device not supported message on my phone. I have tried that turn off car play trick (my car does not have car play support) and "reset network settings" thing and it kind of works but then goes back to doing the same thing again. any info about this?

thanks

M

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 6:05 PM

My car does not have bluetooth capabilities for music, just USB.. bluetooth does work for phone.... How does one update your car's firmware?.. I don't think that is possible. So I have tried all possible interventions that you have listed..

2 replies

Aug 27, 2015 1:00 PM in response to marcelo73

Hi marcelo73,

I understand after the latest iOS update, your iPhone is not communicating with your Nissan Rogue's car stereo. It's possible that you may need to do a firmware update. Have you tested Bluetooth compatibility in addition to USB?

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203412

If you're using USB Playback

1. Restart your iOS device and your car.
  2. Connect your iOS device to a different stereo USB port (if you have one).
  3. Try a different USB cable.
  4. Update your iOS device.
  5. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  6. Try playing audio from a different app. If you can't play audio from a specific third-party app, contact the app developer for help. If you can't play audio from an Apple app, Contact Apple Support.

Regards,

Iphone no longer working with 2013 Nissan Rogue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.