Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic X 10.2 Crashing

I'm on Mavericks 10.9.5 and I just updated to Logic Pro 10.2 and it will not start up at all unless I disable Core Audio by holding control and clicking on the app. Is anyone else having this problem?

I also have another boot drive with Yosemite 10.10.3 on it and the Logic 10.2 works on there no problem...

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 8:49 AM

4 replies

Aug 26, 2015 10:38 AM in response to LoveTheEmpire

Same problem here. Took me soe hours to figure out it's a problem with CoreAudio...

Restoring 10.1.1 from a Time Machine backup causes the same error then. I am currently restoring my whole system from a time machine backup

What is your system configuration?

I have a MacBook Pro 13inch, 8GB RAM, SSD Samsung Evo 500

OS 10.10.5

Native Audio Komplete 6 external sound card

But the crashlog reveals its the new Alchemy

Here is my thread in a german Logic user forum:

http://www.logicuser.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=70006&start=15

Aug 28, 2015 9:54 AM in response to rumo_von_zamonien

I have a MBP 15inch, 16GB, 500GB SSD

OSX 10.9.5

Universal Audio Apollo Twin.

I haven't tried restoring from my Time Machine backup, I'll try it even though it didn't work for you.

I really hope they come out with a fix for this though. It's working no problem on Yosemite for me but I do all my work on Mavericks because I also need to run Pro Tools 10 a majority of the time.

No I don't have Airfoil installed.

Logic X 10.2 Crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.