Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a true fix to Logic Remote connectivity?

Ever since Yosemite...

Logic Remote, is terribly inconsistent with connectivity.

The latest update does NOT fix the issue. My only work around, is that I go to Library/Preferences and delete the "com.apple.logic.pro.cs" file. This is terribly annoying and disrupts workflow.

IpTouch app, is always consistent with connectivity. I'm running a fairly new iPad and a new Mac Pro desktop... Wifi, in my studio... is fine.

Any suggests for a fix?

Thank-you, in advance :-)

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), iPad mini

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 10:33 AM

I feel your pain 😠

14 replies

Aug 27, 2015 1:09 AM in response to JD321

HI JD

A) I'm using WLAN WIFI as suggested by the app via a router provided by ALICE/o2.

B) Prior to Yosemite, using the same wifi, connectivity was never an issue.

C) the desktop and pad will connect immediately when I delete the lib file I mention. Thus, having to do such a couple times a day.

D) connecting there after, i.e "after a break or new session". 90% of the time - fail. Thus, occasionally there is connectivity.

E) IPTouch app connectivity to Logic is never an issue, as well as other remote apps.

F) distance is not an issue for all peripherals are within a few feet of each other.

:-) happy day & thank u

Aug 27, 2015 9:12 AM in response to KrisInBerlin

Follow JD's last post and try Ad Hoc....... to confirm its not an issue with your Router which is actually the most common reason for such problems..

The fact another app may work fine doesn't mean there isn't an issue with how your router handles ports etc..... as other apps might use different connection methods...

If you continue to have this issue then...

There may also be a conflict happening caused by other apps (maybe even the ipTouch app itself) or an external controller... which is why deleting the Control Surface file fixes the problem....

To troubleshoot...

Try quitting (Not just close but quit) all other apps on your iPad..... Unplug all external controllers.... Quit Logic.. delete the CS file on your Mac.. Launch LPX and then run just Logic Remote on your iPad.. Do not launch any other apps and do not plug in any external controllers.... Now see if the problem re-occurs.

Aug 28, 2015 8:26 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Hi Nigel...

So here's my update :-)

a) ad-hoc is off, for internet sharing via Wifi & in general. having it on, the result is there's no connectivity at all. Meaning the iPad, will not show my desktop.

b) did all u suggested.

c) connectivity happens, though not consistently. on occasions:

- my iPad will tell me there's no computer to be found using Logic

- iPad shows my desktop, though won't connect.

- with a few re-tries at connecting. It will connect.

- after trying with it connected. I turned off LPX Remote to test reconnecting. No immediate connection. Though after a couple tries, it connects!

Thus! At present, it's working... Just wish it would connect right from the get go, without multi-tries &/deleting the CS file.

Thanks again,

Kris

Aug 31, 2015 6:04 PM in response to producer_ben

In almost every case I have helped with... where a user had this issue, it has either been a piece of conflicting hardware/software installed.. The incorrect use of a firewall or most commonly, the use of a router that didn't follow/implement normal protocols to the letter...

In particular several modem/router combos used by European ISPs like O2 seem to have this issue when used with LR. Replacing them with Apple Extremes or Expresses or in a few cases other pro level 3rd party routers... seems to always resolve the issue...

Note: I do not work for Apple so Im not promoting their products.. Simply a fact I have discovered over the years....

Sep 2, 2015 4:32 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Interesting indeed...

My scenario, I'm using the same router/modem since prior to Yosemite... & all 3 of my Macs worked fine with LR / LPX prior to Yosemite.

My fix is: I have to start my sessions daily, by having to trash the CS file & reboot. A drag, but thus the price for a "free" remote I guess :-)

Or I use IpTouch, where connectivity is not an issue....

Sep 2, 2015 8:03 AM in response to KrisInBerlin

Or I use IpTouch, where connectivity is not an issue....

Again, just to clarify... That's likely because IPTouch uses a different connection/recognition method or means... to how LR works..

Maybe it uses a different port or PnP method to connect for example that your router isn't inadvertently blocking...

The fact it all worked prior to you updating to Yosemite might be related to the changes made in 10.10 and WiFi/networking.. that simply caused a 'knock on' incompatibility of some kind depending on the connection method and protocols, with your router.... If that is the case, it isn't the first time this has occurred and probably won't be the last unfortunately.

One last thing... As an example of how 'weird' all this stuff can get.... A client of mine has a Cisco router/modem combo... and like yourself, prior to 10.10 he had little issue with connecting LR to Logic. After the 10.10 update connectivity became a real issue.... I sent him one of my older Airport Expresses just to test and the problem vanished.

However, then a friend of his came over with his iPad 3 (The client has an iPad Air 1) and his friend couldn't connect at all... no matter what they and i tried.... My client also has an older iPad 3 and so for the heck of it.. he booted it up to see if he had the same issue as his friend and the result was no problems at all! Same iPad.. same iOS version same everything and yet, his friend could not get LR to connect and the client could without problem.... I can think of no reason why that would be so other than some defect or different hardware in the client's friends iPad that could cause this. Apple had no explanation either.... so the matter was never resolved though for my client, he has had no further issues at all.

Its Voodoo I swear! 🙂

Is there a true fix to Logic Remote connectivity?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.