Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing ipad

I lost my ipad. I tried to find it using find my iphone to locate it but so far nothing could it have been deactivated?

iPad Mini

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 8:08 AM

You will only be able to located the iPad using Find My iPhone if the device had Find My iPhone activated before the loss, is powered on, and is connected to the Internet. If any of those things are missing, then you will not be able to locate it. If the device is a Wi-Fi only device, then it would have to connect to a known Wi-Fi network to locate.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2015 8:08 AM in response to ronnelco

You will only be able to located the iPad using Find My iPhone if the device had Find My iPhone activated before the loss, is powered on, and is connected to the Internet. If any of those things are missing, then you will not be able to locate it. If the device is a Wi-Fi only device, then it would have to connect to a known Wi-Fi network to locate.

missing ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.