Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to unlock passcode is disabled ?

Was wondering my iphone passcode has been locked/ iphone is disabled and it takes like 60 mins to try another time..... Its like a long wait and I've tried searching for help. And what I find is when my phone is plug-in to the computer can I choose update instead of restore?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 9:13 AM

7 replies

Aug 26, 2015 10:45 AM in response to iospanda

So it seems that your Phone is locked with the 4-Digit PIN and if you do not remember/ are unable to inout the correct one/ disabled the device, the only way to get around this is to restore your device via iTunes.

However, to do this you will need to place your device into recovery mode: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

From there it will prompt you to "Update and Restore"

You technically have to do both because when you restore the device, it automatically brings along the newest software. (Hence, Updating)

By doing a restore, it also wipes your device clean, everything goes.

That is how you get around 4-Digit PIN

Aug 26, 2015 11:00 AM in response to iospanda

iospanda wrote:

Was wondering my iphone passcode has been locked/ iphone is disabled and it takes like 60 mins to try another time..... Its like a long wait and I've tried searching for help. And what I find is when my phone is plug-in to the computer can I choose update instead of restore?

See: iOS: Forgotten passcode or device disabled after entering wrong passcode

Aug 27, 2015 9:56 AM in response to iospanda

If the phone was purchased new and unlocked, or if it was unlocked by the carrier it was originally locked to, it will remain unlocked. If it was hacked or jailbroken to unlock it, restoring it will lock it to the original carrier, or it may completely brick the phone. But you have no choice; the only way to resolve this is to restore the phone.

how to unlock passcode is disabled ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.