Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with Syncing music from iTunes to iPhone 5

Hi all,

I've recently encountered a number of issues when syncing from iTunes to my iPhone 5. These problems seemed to have developed since upgrading to iTunes 12.2.x and/or upgrading to iOS 8.4.x. Here is a summary of some of the problems that I have encountered.

1. New purchased music appears at the bottom of the purchased playlist on the iPhone, whilst it is correctly placed at the top of the list in iTunes (I like to have my new music at the top - that's logical to me)

2. I have added this new music to some existing playlists in iTunes. This new music has not been included in those playlists on the iPhone, even after syncing.

3. Whilst my iPhone is connected to the iMac, if I browse the music content, through iTunes, then many of the songs on the iPhone are greyed out with a circle on the left-hand side. However, those greyed-out songs are on the iPhone and playback fine.

4. A large proportion of album artwork is now missing from the songs on the iPhone, even though they are present in the iTunes library. A cosmetic issue, I know, but irritating nonetheless.

5. The play count on newly purchased songs, as depicted in iTunes has gone through the roof. With songs that I purchased less than a month ago showing well over 100 plays - I know that I have not played them that often. Kinda messes with my most frequently played smart playlists.

6. The sync process seems to take a helluva long time, compared to what it used to be like. In addition during syncing the space used bar display suddenly drops by around 8Gb towards the end of the sync process - which is a little alarming. I still have enough space with my 64Gb phone, but I do wonder whether it's related to my issues.

When I first encountered this I erased all the music from my phone and then resynced in order to rectify any anomalies between the phone and iTunes, but it still misbehaves as described above.

I also have an ageing iPod touch, that has not had an OS upgrade for many-a-year, due to its age. Ironically that all works and syncs absolutely fine - no issues at all. Whatever happened to "it just works" with Apple products?

Can anyone help me rectify these issues? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Simon.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 8:54 AM

1 reply

Issues with Syncing music from iTunes to iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.