Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reorganize iphoto and upload to iCloud

A few years ago I organized a big archive of photos in iPhoto on a MacPro - this has all been saved on an external drive as iPhoto data.

About two years ago I started using a MacBookAir which didn't have enough room to carry all the older material, and I've since gained considerable new material.

I'd now like to consolidate the old data with the new. I'd also like all but most recent of this data to remain in the iCloud. I no longer have the old MacPro.

Is there a straightforward way of doing this?

Thanks,

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), null

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 9:19 AM

1 reply

Aug 26, 2015 11:21 AM in response to SaltSeaShark

Since we have no idea at all what you have done or have it is hard to give advice

A few years ago I organized a big archive of photos in iPhoto on a MacPro - this has all been saved on an external drive as iPhoto data.

Exactly what does this mean? Do you have one iPhoto library on and external drive that is formatted Mac OS extended (journaled) ? If not what exactly do you have?

and I've since gained considerable new material.

Where - On your MBA or on the EHD?

I'd now like to consolidate the old data with the new.

the only way to merge iPhoto libraries is using iPhoto Library Manager or Aperture

I'd also like all but most recent of this data to remain in the iCloud.

Where do you have this on iCloud? and How was it put there?

for help in writing an effective question see Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question

LN

reorganize iphoto and upload to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.