Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.2.2.25 update failure

Currently the iTunes desktop and and applications folder icons appear just as a blank rectangle. The iTunes icon only appears in the tray at the bottom of my screen. When I use the update feature in iTunes, it tells me I am running the current version. However, I received an automatic update notification from Apple, but when I tried to run it, I received an error message telling me the updater could not locate the iTunes6464.msi file.

I do not want a course in computer repair and coding. Please tell me in non-technical language how to solve this problem.

iPod classic, Windows 8

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 8:41 AM

1 reply

Aug 27, 2015 9:29 AM in response to analog66

Hey analog66,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you are trying to update iTunes to the newest version but are having trouble. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

There are good steps to try in this article, the quoted section is to make sure you can download the newest version available.

If you can't install or update iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Visit the iTunes download page. Click Download Now to download the iTunes installer.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a good one

iTunes 12.2.2.25 update failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.