Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come the music on iTunes radio singer/songwriter has changed?

I have noticed that the song selection is different on the singer/songwriter station. Not a fan of the current music on that station, I liked the previous songs.

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 9:28 AM

1 reply

Aug 27, 2015 9:57 AM in response to musicaddict15

Hey musicaddict15,

As a big fan of the singer/songwriter genre I can understand how you might be unhappy about some choices that the radio station makes when presenting songs to you. It is a very broad genre covering many styles. I do have some alternatives that might allow the music you listen to suit you better.

First, if you are only coming across a few songs that you don't care for in a radio station, you can skip those songs during play. See this article - iTunes 12 for Windows: Listen to iTunes Radio

Specifically -

Skip to the next song: Click User uploaded file near the top left of the iTunes window.

Note: You can skip a limited number of songs in an hour. The limit can vary based on a number of factors.

If you find that the radio station has drifted too far away from your tastes, you may want to create your own radio station. iTunes makes this very easy to do. See this section of the above mentioned article -

Create a station

You can create a station anywhere in iTunes you can play a song.

Create a station in iTunes Radio: Click User uploaded file next to My Stations, and do one of the following:

• Type an artist, song, or genre that you want the station to be based on, press Return, then double-click a search result.

• Click a genre, then move the pointer over one of the options and click Add.

Create a station elsewhere in iTunes: Click User uploaded file next to a song, and choose New Station from Song or New Station from Artist from the pop-up menu.

iTunes names the station after the artist, song, or genre you chose, but you can rename a station by clicking its title.

You can further refine your radio station as well -

Customize a station

iTunes Radio might not play the specific song or artist you use to create a station, but you can provide examples of songs and artists you’d like to hear. You can also request that certain songs or artists never be played.

Request or reject specific artists, songs, or genres (on the selected station only):

• While a song is playing, click User uploaded file near the top left of the iTunes window, and choose Play More Like This or Never Play This Song from the pop-up menu.

• Click a station to display its contents, and click User uploaded file below “Play more like this” or “Never play this.” Type an artist, song, or genre, press Return, then double-click a search result.

Adjust the balance between new and familiar songs (on the selected station only): Click a station to display its contents, and click Hits (familiar), Variety (mixed), or Discovery (new).

Allow or disallow explicit content (on all stations): Click On or Off next to Allow Explicit (above My Stations).

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Enjoy the music!

How come the music on iTunes radio singer/songwriter has changed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.