Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse constantly disconnects until I click

Hello, I have this weird problem where my Magic Mouse randomly but continuously disconnects (looses connection) every few minutes... the strange thing is that all I have to do to get it to re-connect is click with the mouse (even though the mouse says it's disconnected). Once I click it reconnects.

I am on OS X 10.9.5 and I've had this problem for a while but it seems to be getting worse recently...

Thanks

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 8:01 AM

8 replies

Aug 27, 2015 5:16 AM in response to seventy one

I too have had this problem for some time now and Apple cannot seem to fix it.

It turned out to be a waste for them to replace my magic mouse with a new one because the very same condition occurs.

I run a fairly new MacBook Pro. Recently, I installed Windows 7 using bootcamp.

Guess what - the mouse works perfectly with Win7 but still exhibits the problems you describe when

I run OS X. So, that tells me that there is bad code in the Apple OS X drivers for the mouse.

By the way, Win7 runs better on my Mac than it does on a windows machine.

Aug 27, 2015 7:01 AM in response to seventy one

Thanks for looking into this.

When the mouse disconnects and I turn the mouse around the light is at first steady green and then turns to a blinking light (to be precise it blinks twice green, then pauses, then twice, then pauses etc)

Shaking does not help.

Turning mouse on and off does not help.

Clicking the mouse button does bring the mouse back to life (it connects again)

So weird and annoying... sometimes it happens several times in one minute... sometimes once every 3-4 minutes

Aug 27, 2015 8:59 AM in response to marcnyc2001

As a kind of general repair try resetting the NVRAM. But before you do that just recheck those batteries and in particular the contacts inside the compartment. The double blink is most likely to be because it is losing contact via wireless but it just could be a bad contact. By the way, when I said shake it I meant to suggest that shaking it would exacerbate the effects of a poor contact and the green light should go on and off. Reset the NVRAM

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH14222?locale=en_GB

Magic Mouse constantly disconnects until I click

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.