Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no sound whem message received

i get no sound when a text message is received on my iphone 6 - no settings were changed - those effecting the sounds are turned on and the chosen sound plays on the settings page - the phone rings when a phone call comes in - in simply doesn't seem to recognize when a text arrives (when set to vibrate - it doesn't vibrate) - suggestions please?

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 7:57 AM

1 reply

Aug 27, 2015 1:09 PM in response to terlen

Hey terlen,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you are notified by sound to everything except text messages. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Change sounds, ringtones, and alerts on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a good one

no sound whem message received

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.