Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 screen will not stay on

My phone is behaving a little weird right now. The screen is black and stays black even when pressing the home button. Funny thing is, the phone can still receive calls and text messages (it still rings and chimes), but during that time, the screen stays black. Also, I've tried resetting the phone (by pressing the home button and lock button simultaneously). The white Apple logo appears, then the screen dims after about 10 or so seconds, I type in my passcode, and I'm able to see my home screen for about a second or two, then the screen goes black again. The phone was not damaged in any way prior to this happening. No drops, water damage, etc. I'm stumped.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 8:54 AM

1 reply

Aug 27, 2015 1:27 PM in response to microshroom

Greetings microshroom,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that the display on your iPhone has been black recently and even after a force restart, it will not stay on. To continue troubleshooting this situation, I would suggest reading over and working through the suggested steps in the attached article below. If the issue continues, it may be necessary to contact Apple Support using the link provided in the article.

Get help with the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers

iphone 6 screen will not stay on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.