Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp 6.0 Can't install

My machine is Mid 2012 Macbook pro. I downloaded the boot camp from Assistant under os x to USB, when I tried to run the setup.exe under windows 7. It shows "This version of Boot Camp is not for this computer model". So I run the bootcamp.msi directly, but it shows "A DLL required to complete this installation can't run".

Do I need to install windows 10 first then update to Boot Camp 6.0?

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 9:12 AM

6 replies

Aug 26, 2015 4:23 PM in response to truelies

Hello. I installed Windows 7 Pro. and used the BC5 drivers I have on my USB thumb drive. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. Then reinstalled the BC5 drivers after upgrade. In Windows 10, after Bootcamp install, simply go to Start Menu>Apple Software Update then check box Bootcamp 6 and follow screen prompts. This worked well for me. Maybe it can for you as well. Cheers!

Aug 28, 2015 2:07 PM in response to jndupuis1

ok. I just upgraded to windows 10. Then tried to update to boot camp 6.0 from usb drive which I downloaded from boot camp assistant inside os x. It can be installed and finished without error. But after I restarted the macbook, boot camp still shows 5.0 version. Are you kidding me apple?

No update on "Start Menu>Apple Software Update".

Boot Camp 6.0 Can't install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.