Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IPod got stolen and the Apple ID was removed how to I relocate it?

I was in school, 2nd period, when I walked off with the IPod sitting on the desk like it is everyday. No one has ever touched it and I didn't expect any one to touch it now, however it was different this specific day. When I walked away to help the teacher pass out the papers , a student , that i let borrow my headphones, returned my headphones. Immediately i returned to my desk to put my headphones into my IPod so I could listen to music, but it wasn't there. I nicely asked to teacher to keep the students in the room until my IPod was returned. I guess she didn't hear me because the students walked right outside the door. I reported it all the principals, assistant principals, and the police officers at my school. And then later filed a police report and got my case number the next day. While in my 7th class yesterday i checked my email, Apple sent me an email saying my Apple ID was disabled from the ipod giving them all access to everything. So my question is since i gave the police the model number, serial number, and barcode number off my IPod's box, is it trackable, even though they do not have the Find My Iphone resources? And can they people who stole , can they see all my information that was inside my ipod.

iPod touch, iOS 8.4, Stolen, Apple ID

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 11:12 AM

3 replies

Aug 27, 2015 1:08 PM in response to GaGirl_

Yes, they can access your lost/stolen iPod. Someone went to Settings>iCloud and turned off FindMyiPod. To do that they would have had to enter the Password for the iCloud ID used on the iPod.

You already reported the device as stolen. Quickly change the passwords for all accounts used on the iPod if you have not done that already.

My IPod got stolen and the Apple ID was removed how to I relocate it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.