Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MY Ipad wont let me change sounds and camera not working

My friend's Ipad 4(?) wont allow him to change any of his sounds Mail / Ring tone etc although he goes through the correct process.

Although the Icon shows there is an update ready, when you go to it, there is nothing there to update.....

Because of all this we then checked other things on his Ipad and found that the camera would not show a view front or back. It will therefore not take pictures.

He also wonders why he seems to have very little space left according to the Ipad.

Has the latest update caused these problems.

Help in other words would be appreciated.

iPad, latest operating system.

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 9:58 AM

4 replies

Aug 26, 2015 11:30 AM in response to Ralph Landry1

I think he has tried rebooting a couple of times but tomorrow I will get him to do so in front of me......

Have already suggested he book an appointment with Apple.

I know this has happened with another friend of mine a year or two ago.

Am just now interested to find out why......

Many thanks for your help and I will report back with the outcome..

Aug 27, 2015 9:58 AM in response to Ralph Landry1

Just shows you can never be sure you are told the whole story..... my friend had not been confident enough to do a reset so today I informed him of the forum's response and stood over him as he tried the top button bottom button reset. That did nothing.

However, I then got him to go to General Settings and found the various Reset options on a sub menu. He clicked the top option and a minute or two later (after the line had progressed across the Ipad screen) blow and behold, he was able to change his ring tones etc. Also the orientation now works fine.

He still has problems with his camera. It now tells us that there is not enough space to take any although he seems to have space to spare when you have taken the apps into account. What could be taking the rest of the space as he assures me that the pictures he has are not excessive? From memory I think his pictures amount to 12.5 gbs.

I have also suggested he go along to Apple.......

Many thanks for your response.

MY Ipad wont let me change sounds and camera not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.