Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WHAT SHOULD I WHEN MY NEW IPAD MINI 2 IS BEING HEATED WITHIN 30 MINS OF USE?

MY IPAD'S SERIAL NO IS F9*****CM8 AND I BOUGHT IT ON 22.08.15.

AND FROM THE 1ST DAY IT IS HAVING THE SAME HIGH HEATING PROBLEM.

I THOUGHT AFTER UPDATING THE iOS IT WOULD NOT HAPPEN AGAIN BUT IT STILL PERSISTING

NOW PLEASE GET ME OUT OF THIS PROBLEM

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4.1, IPAD MINI2

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 9:49 AM

2 replies

Aug 26, 2015 9:55 AM in response to AMITRAJIT MAITY

How hot is hot? It's normal for an iPad to get warm when being used or charged. The general benchmark is 'too hot to handle'...quite literally.

If you can hold and handle it then it's probably fine. If it's too hot for you to hold, then stop using it and make an appointment at an apple store or authorized service provider for them to check it out.

Aug 26, 2015 11:45 AM in response to Skydiver119

If you are experiencing battery issues there are the basic troubleshooting steps that you can take however I would recommend restoring the device via iTunes.

By doing this you will be installing a Brand-New version of iOS onto the device and wiping it clean simultaneously.

When you go to set up the device again, "Set it up as New"

If for some reason the issue were to persist, then I would go ahead and make an appointment with an Apple Retail store.

If you still have 1 Year Hardware-Limited Warranty they should be able to give you your options and possibly swap out the device.

If you do not, then it is $79.00 plus applicable tax for battery replacement.

WHAT SHOULD I WHEN MY NEW IPAD MINI 2 IS BEING HEATED WITHIN 30 MINS OF USE?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.