Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ICLOUD CALENDAR LOCKED ON PC ACCESS

Get message when I get when access icloud calendar is "calendar is locked. Due to account maintenance, Calendar is currently unavailable" Able to access contacts, icloud drive, etc.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 10:01 AM

19 replies

Sep 20, 2015 7:01 AM in response to rjr613

I have been having this problem since 9/5/15 and I have not received any support from the Apple Engineers. The Senior Advisors took this as far as they could and on 9/11/15, this went to the engineers...it is now 9/20/15 and they are practically putting me out of business. There is no one to reach at a customer relations department and nothing to do but wait. I have lost my patience although normally I have a lot of it. In closing and reopening and following all the advisor's directions, I am not LOCKED OUT OF MY CALENDAR. In addition, my contacts are all messed up too. I am operating on 4 devices...two phones, one pad and my PC. Currently, my 3 devices seems to be communicating but my Outlook is a total mess. I cannot access my clients emails since whatever came back to my computer after removal is not current. I have my personal and business appointments on one calendar and I am into my 3rd week of this problem.

The problem began when I paid a bill and was forced to change my password...then nothing was working on the cloud although it took me a while to realize the problem. I have spoken to 4 advisers and they are all as helpful as they can be especially the one who has stayed with me for over a week now. He has no way to reach out within Apple to get any information. I don't know what to do since I now have 4 messed up devices and lots of wasted time with nothing resolved.

If anyone has any ideas as to what to do to unlock my calendar on the cloud, maybe that could be a start. I am locked out for a week with nothing good happening and it has only gotten worse trying to fix it. I have also lost my back ups so I don't have a working calendar anywhere unless it exists on the cloud. In shutting down and changing the password for the engineers to be able to find the problem, I am sitting here every day with nothing but stress and wasted energy. It seems that we are not alone but not a big enough group to get any attention from Apple. I welcome any thoughts. FYI...I am in NY if that makes any difference.

Sep 20, 2015 7:24 AM in response to RealtorBest

Thanks for the information. I guess I'm not going to be too hopeful just yet. I'm at the stage where a senior adviser gave my case to an engineer and is waiting to hear back. But from your experience, I shouldn't hold my breadth.

One thing I did do is to export my calendar on my macbook to the desktop. At least that way I have a local backup which I could import to google calendar or something else.

If I hear back from the engineer I will update this post.

Sep 20, 2015 7:32 AM in response to rjr613

Sorry to share disappointing news but my case went to the engineers over a week ago...I work on a windows computer and I have nothing to restore from. In the process of following Apple's directions, all my calendars are different and/or basically wiped out. The cloud is wonderful when it works but horrible when it doesn't...as we both have found out. Maybe we should compare case numbers...I just sent your posts to my advisor. He should be getting in around noon, EST. He can send this off to the engineers if he thinks that is appropriate. Maybe if they see that there are others out there, they will work on this problem. Can you target a time or cause of this for you? The last time I had a problem go to the engineers, I never heard back with an answer. My husband read online and finally figured out a work-around for me...all cloud related 😟.

Sep 21, 2015 12:50 AM in response to RealtorBest

I discovered in the calendar app, at the top of the left sidebar where the various calendars are listed, it says "iCloud" and to the left of that there is a grey circle with a triangle and explanation point. When I click on the circle I get the following message:

The server is busy of unavailable.

The server at p17-caldav.icloud.com is currently unable to handle the connection for account “iCloud” due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. If this continues you should contact the server administrator.

I think this might be at the root of the problem. Maybe check if you get a similar message on your iPad and pass it on to your senior advisor.

Sep 21, 2015 6:52 AM in response to rjr613

Thank you for this information...I will pass it to my Advisor but I can't locate the grey circle and triangle. If I am on the iCloud site and hit the calendar app, I get a large exclamation point and then I am locked out of everything until I exit and return....I am including a screen shot here.

User uploaded file

I appreciate your response and hope that others will speak up so maybe we can all get some relief.

Sep 23, 2015 5:59 AM in response to Frustra-Defne-tion

Thank you for your case number...mine is #935970192. I just sent this to my Advisor in the hope that it will help to resolve this matter. It is nearly 3 weeks now but only 12 days since I realized that the problem existed. I totally understand your frustration. I am now keeping a paper calendar and a list of appointments in Evernote so I can try to keep my schedule straight but it isn't easy. Maybe you want to share my case number with your Advisor. I am in NY...I don't think that makes any more difference than the computer used. A little hope may be there...they are now saving backups on the Apple site. The problem for me is that my calendar was wiped out in the trials...an errors so I don't even know if there is a back up that is correct on the site. My personal back up was overwritten during the support trials and now I can't even send out an email on my Outlook unless I can find it somewhere to copy/paste. My "TO" button is not bringing up my correct contact group. My contacts are all messed up as is my calendar but I can see that my contacts exist on the Apple site...they may not be complete but they are there. I have also saved as many of my contact groups yesterday. Since I have over 5000 contacts, you can imagine my anxiety. The frustration is immense and this is taking up my days and nights and being self employed, no one is paying me for my time as it seems to be for you as well. I will try to post if something gets fixed but this is outrageous!

Sep 25, 2015 4:50 AM in response to HWAYMICH

I am having the same frustrating problem. It began about a week ago when I downloaded the new IOS 9. Prior to that my calendar synced perfectly between iPhone, iPad, Macbook Pro, and Windows Outlook on my PC. Any event added to any one of the devices shows up immediately in all the others. That has complely broken down and I get the same error message as the rest of you: Calendar is Locked. Due to Account Maintenance, calendar is unavailable. My case number is 941043940. I am working with a very nice and knowlegeable senior advisor named Jonathan but, once we reached the end of what he knew to do, he submitted a "ticket" to the engineers. That was 4 or 5 days ago and so far they have not responded. I am furious and stressed out. I expected more from Apple at least in terms of responding to this serious problem that I (we) are having. I am a clinical psychologist in private practice and my calendar is critical to my work. Are there other ways to at least back up my iPhone (the only device that presently has the full and constantly updated calendar on it).? Thanks, Kathleen

Sep 25, 2015 6:46 AM in response to kbrehony

Kathleen,

I empathize with your situation but I have been aware of this problem since September 11th. It began when I paid a bill with an updated credit card and Apple forced me to change my password...that was September 5th. I am a Realtor and my schedule changes constantly as does my contact group and with both severely messed up, I am beside myself. I also have a wonderful support person but even the "senior advisor" cannot resolve this matter. My problems were sent to the engineers on September 12th...I am still waiting and very upset over how this has messed up my life. It may be some consolation that there are backups that may be available on the iCloud and some are held for 30 days but some information longer...I am not sure exactly what is retained beyond the 30 days but I am getting too close to that time for comfort. In the meantime, I have tried to create a list of calendar items in Evernote, a new calendar on Outlook and a paper calendar on my desk to try to keep what I can remember existed before and my daily updates. I am about to start printing a weekly or daily calendar since the monthly view does not work beyond a couple of items.

I appreciate your case number...mine is 935970192. I may have included this in an earlier response but maybe your advisor and my advisor can see if there are different engineers working on the same problem and maybe they can put a few heads together and fix this today. FYI...I did not update to IOS 9...I was already dealing with this mess before the new software came out. I hope this information helps the engineers...I just sent your info to my advisor. Thank you, Carole.

ICLOUD CALENDAR LOCKED ON PC ACCESS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.