Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto not importing all pictures from camera roll (iPhone 6)

A friend of mine recently got a new MBP and was trying to import all of her photos through iPhoto, but iPhoto only recognized 200 something pictures out of the 2,000 she had on there. We've tried rebooting the computer/phone, getting the photos onto iCloud (which still only recognizes the 200 pictures), uploading her photos to Dropbox (which again, for some reason will only recognize the ones she has been able to import). I did do a backup to both iCloud and the computer, but we're reluctant to restore the phone in case the pictures don't get backed up, and she's afraid that she'll lose them.

If it's any help, the pictures that she was able to import were the more recent ones on her phone. Is it possible that the other photo/video files are corrupted? We updated the OS on her MBP and phone, so I'm really confused as to why she isn't able to import all of the photos on her camera roll...

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), iPhone 6 too

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 11:17 AM

4 replies

Aug 26, 2015 11:30 AM in response to anne.p

Others have report similar problems. A workaround is to use Image Capture to download ALL of the photos to a folder on the Desktop and then import that folder into the iPhoto library. When imported from a folder iPhoto will alert you to any duplicates that may already exist in the library and give you a chance to deny the import for those photos:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Aug 26, 2015 11:42 AM in response to anne.p

Launch iPhoto with the Option key held down and create a new, test library and see if it can import all of the photos into it. If that works you can export the originals to a folder on the desktop and import them into your original library. Then delete the temporary library. A bit of a workaround but might get the job done.

iPhoto not importing all pictures from camera roll (iPhone 6)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.