Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have one podcast that restarts my iPhone 6 every time I listen to it.

It's just this ONE PODCAST. I listen to a bunch of others and nothing ever happens but randomly while listening to this one my phone will shut off, show the apple logo and then restart. It doesn't take the normal amount of time to turn on, it's a fairly short restart. But it's incredibly annoying. Any reason why this might be happening? I'm running i.OS 8.3. I'm not ready to update yet as I'm waiting on i.OS 9 so that's currently out of the question. Any help or even just an explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 1:37 PM

Howdy taycro,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

I see from your post that whenever you're playing a particular podcast in the Podcasts app on your iPhone that the iPhone will restart. Since you have isolated this issue to being a single podcast I suggest that you delete the podcast episode from your iPhone, and then download it again. To delete your podcast episode simply open the podcast from the My Podcasts section, then tap on Edit, and select the podcast to delete.

Edit: Tap Edit to delete any podcast you're subscribed to or rearrange the order that your podcasts appear.

Podcasts app for iOS: Managing subscriptions - Apple Support

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2015 1:37 PM in response to taycro

Howdy taycro,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

I see from your post that whenever you're playing a particular podcast in the Podcasts app on your iPhone that the iPhone will restart. Since you have isolated this issue to being a single podcast I suggest that you delete the podcast episode from your iPhone, and then download it again. To delete your podcast episode simply open the podcast from the My Podcasts section, then tap on Edit, and select the podcast to delete.

Edit: Tap Edit to delete any podcast you're subscribed to or rearrange the order that your podcasts appear.

Podcasts app for iOS: Managing subscriptions - Apple Support

Take care.

I have one podcast that restarts my iPhone 6 every time I listen to it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.