Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio not working for videos

I'm using windows 8.1. Just updated to the newest version of itunes and my audio was not working. I changed the option in preferences to play audio using direct sound and I thought that solved the problem. Now all my music plays fine, however all my movies, music videos, and tv shows have picture but no sound when I play them. Anyone know a solution for this.

Windows 8

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 1:12 PM

3 replies

Aug 27, 2015 1:20 PM in response to DDorrell86

Hi DDorrell86,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with iTunes on your Windows machine. If you are having issues with audio playback for either music or other content (movies, tv shows, etc), you may find the information and troubleshooting steps outlined in the following articles helpful:

iTunes 12 for Windows: iTunes Playback preferences

iTunes 12 for Windows: If you have trouble playing music or other audio

Regards

Aug 28, 2015 11:49 AM in response to DDorrell86

Hi DDorrell86,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I'm sorry to hear you are still having this issue. If you have gone through the above linked articles completely without reaching a resolution or a direction for further troubleshooting, you may be better served by reaching out to one of Apple's other available resources for more direct assistance - https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action

Regards

Audio not working for videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.