Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I connect my devices to Extreme or Verizon WIFI router? We have 2 iPhones, iMac, macBook, Vizio smart TV, iPad, and HP printer. Both networks appear as choices - the Airport Extreme-created network and the Verizon router network.

We have 2 iphones, macbook, iMac desktop, iPad, Hp printer and Vizio smart TV.

Both networks appear as choices in all devices - the Airport Extreme-created network and the Verizon Router-created network.

Airport is connected via Ethernet cable to Verizon router.

Do I split which devices go where? Run all through Airport Extreme?

Someone suggested I disable Verizon WIFI so as not to "cross signals."

Which setup is best for connectivity speed, etc.?

Many thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 12:45 PM

1 reply

Aug 26, 2015 1:13 PM in response to icethi17

To answer your last question on best connectivity speed, no configuration change will make any difference, as far as, Internet connectivity speed. However, if you mean wireless network data transfer rates, then the following in order of best to worst are options:

• Use only the Verizon-supplied router.
  • Use both wireless routers, interconnected by wire, and configure them both for a roaming network. This will be your only option to extend the wireless range of your network.

Notice there is no option to use both routers if the connection between them will be wireless.

Let us know which of the two you would like to pursue and we can help you set it up.

Do I connect my devices to Extreme or Verizon WIFI router? We have 2 iPhones, iMac, macBook, Vizio smart TV, iPad, and HP printer. Both networks appear as choices - the Airport Extreme-created network and the Verizon router network.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.