Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Raid 0 Recovery - Only have the drives

I had an early 2004 version of the Mac Pro Tower that was given away. Before it was given away the hard drives were removed. I have these and need to recover the data. One hard drive had the operating system and all the apps, the other three drives were in a RAID 0 array configuration. What can I use to put the three hard drives (containing the RAID 0 ) into and what software do I use to recover the data?

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 11:52 AM

1 reply

Aug 26, 2015 12:01 PM in response to tuti40

For Macs, RAID-ness and the RAID Drivers are recorded on the drives. You should be able to remove a Mac RAID array and place the drives in another Mac, and the RAID would appear intact. If the RAID appears intact, the Array is just like any other Volume -- you need only the Finder to copy all but invisible files.

Striped RAID is fragile in that any problem with any of its drives often makes the entire Array's data unrecoverable, since the Array would be missing a stripe (1/3 or its data blocks).

Raid 0 Recovery - Only have the drives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.