Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 12.2 won't launch on my iphone 5c

I recently upgraded my itunes to version 12.2.2.25

At first, I couldn't launch it on my MacBook pro, but I was able to remedy this problem. However, it still won't launch on my iphone 5c. When I hit the "music" app button, I just get a graphic with the apple logo next to the word "MUSIC" but nothing happens. I can't access or play any of my library on the phone. The library shows up fine on the computer, and the phone connects and syncs, but I can't use the app on the phone. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4.1, itunes 12.2.2.25

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 11:46 AM

4 replies

Aug 28, 2015 5:50 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Thanks for responding. Although the issue has resolved itself, the article you posted was not particularly helpful, since the problem was that the screen was frozen with no choices to select "My Music" or to try Apple Music for free - the app wasn't launching properly on the phone. Ironically, it finally launched and the choices to use the app appeared after I downloaded another free app to listen to my music instead.

Aug 28, 2015 6:02 AM in response to ArtsLady

ArtsLady, try this anyway, a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it comes up. You will not lose anything. This will restart your iOS system, very different than just re-starting the phone again. Tends to cure a lot of ills... 🙂

itunes 12.2 won't launch on my iphone 5c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.