Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to download apps after 8.4.1 update

I have issues with my iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Mini 2... Ever since I updated my devices to 8.4.1, it has really screwed up the way I use my devices... The phone hangs when accessing the iTunes and App Store settings from the Settings App. While accessing the App Store or iTunes store, I am unable to buy/update any apps as the wheel keeps spinning on and on... If clicked on the wheel to interrupt, the app fails and goes into a death loop with the update wheel fading out...

I really feel bad as to why I updated by device to 8.4.1 when it was working fine...

I really want Apple to fix this ASAP... This really ***** considering all my work gets done these devices 😟

I would be really grateful, if there is any one who can help me out with this problem,

Thank You

Regards

Ganesh

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 1:34 PM

gunnsraam wrote:

I have issues with my iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Mini 2... Ever since I updated my devices to 8.4.1, it has really screwed up the way I use my devices... The phone hangs when accessing the iTunes and App Store settings from the Settings App. While accessing the App Store or iTunes store, I am unable to buy/update any apps as the wheel keeps spinning on and on... If clicked on the wheel to interrupt, the app fails and goes into a death loop with the update wheel fading out...

I really feel bad as to why I updated by device to 8.4.1 when it was working fine...

I really want Apple to fix this ASAP... This really ***** considering all my work gets done these devices 😟

I would be really grateful, if there is any one who can help me out with this problem,

Thank You

Regards

Ganesh

As far as Apple fixing this ASAP, Apple does not participate here in the forum, but you would know that when you read the TOS of the forum. Have you tried logging out of iTunes and the App Store and logging back in again? I've not witnessed any issues with updates or purchases in the App Store since updating and running iOS 8.4.1. What troubleshooting have you tried?

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2015 1:34 PM in response to gunnsraam

gunnsraam wrote:

Thank You

Regards

Ganesh

As far as Apple fixing this ASAP, Apple does not participate here in the forum, but you would know that when you read the TOS of the forum. Have you tried logging out of iTunes and the App Store and logging back in again? I've not witnessed any issues with updates or purchases in the App Store since updating and running iOS 8.4.1. What troubleshooting have you tried?

Aug 27, 2015 1:14 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks Chris!

I am aware of the fact that Apple doesnt participate here. However, I was thinking of sharing my issues here so that someone who has a similar issue would solve my issue.

Now coming to the troubleshooting part for the issue I am currently facing, I had tried to restart phone with soft and hard resets, then I did try logging out and logging in of the Apple App/iTunes stores. It looks like the issue was resolved for a couple of minutes before falling into the same loop after waking the phone from sleep. My only rant was on the fact that why do I need to start/restart the devices every time.

Would be great if you can provide me any turnarounds or help me if I am missing something here...

Aug 27, 2015 5:13 PM in response to gunnsraam

I have the same issue. My phone settings freezes/hangs when I try and access anything past General. iPhone hangs when trying to download apps from the app store. iPhone hangs when I try to view Apple ID in Apple Music (So I can try to log out/in) and my Podcast app crashes everytime I try to access it after I unlock my phone from the lock screen. Lots of craziness going on and I don't hear a lot of noise about it in the community.

I did a system restore to only have the same behavior start up again after a few hours. Any insights?

Oh and my phone and app behave normally for few minutes after I restart my phone.

Aug 27, 2015 7:27 PM in response to nicoroxy

I just got off a chat with apple support and the support guy told me to:

1. Backup my phone through iCloud via my phone, not iTunes. (I had to restart my phone first as iCloud tab was hanging when i pressed it)
  2. Turn off the Find my iPhone feature through the iCloud tab in settings on the iPhone
  3. Plug my phone into iTunes from my computer and do a system restore
  4. Unplug my phone from iTunes (computer) when the phone has been restored and the start screen is visible on iPhone
  5. Setup from iCloud backup (not new device)

The support guy was pretty confident this should work. I'm in the process of it right now and I'll post the results when I'm done.

Here's an article he gave me for a reference, Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

Unable to download apps after 8.4.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.