Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connected my new iphone 6 to itunes and it converted the phone back to the iphone 4

I connected my new iphone 6 to itunes and now the phone did a setup and the homescreen changed to what was on my iphone 4, how do I get back to my new iphone 6?

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 2:58 PM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2015 2:54 PM in response to racinghound

Hello racinghound,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From the description of your post where your new iPhone was set up as if it was your previous iPhone, it appears that you restored a backup from your previous iPhone to your new one. If you want to simply restore your iPhone back to its factory settings then you will need to follow the steps in the link below.

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Take care.

connected my new iphone 6 to itunes and it converted the phone back to the iphone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.