Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule with windows

how do i use the time capsule with windows do i need to download software from apple because i plan on getting one and using it for my computers both mac and windows

HP-OTHER, Windows 8

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 3:01 PM

4 replies

Aug 26, 2015 3:26 PM in response to Macintosh4579

As per Niel's comment.. bonjour for windows is part of the airport utility for windows.. which is now out of date but should still load win7 version into win8. It helps loads to locate Apple network resources when you run windows.. in theory you don't need it.. all you need is to type the IP into explorer.

\\TCIPaddress eg \\10.0.1.1 by default.

There are issues however.. to windows the TC is an NT server.. and has file size restrictions as per FAT32.. even though the internal disk is HFS+.

Do not expect this to be painless. It should work.. but remember apple build for apple with minor nod to the existence of non-apple world.

iTunes for windows misses out on some of the goodies that the airport utility has. Do load in the Airport Utility for windows.

AirPort Utility 5.6.1 for Windows

Time Capsule with windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.