Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.2 launches in full screen mode.

Cannot access preferences or add new music to library.

os10.7.5

Final Cut Studio '09

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 3:00 PM

Howdy Mr. Silly,

If I understand correctly, the iTunes window is full screen and this is making it difficult for you to access Preferences and add music to the library. If you haven't already, try clicking the arrows in the top right corner of the window as shown in the article below.

OS X Mountain Lion: Window basics

Switch to full screen

In many apps, including Calendar, Mail, and Safari, you can expand the window to fill your entire screen.

• To expand to full screen, click the arrows in the top-right corner of an app window:

User uploaded file

• To move from one window to another in full-screen view, swipe left and right, or press the arrow keys on your keyboard.
  • To return to standard view, click the arrows in the window’s top-right corner:

User uploaded file

Ciao.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2015 3:00 PM in response to Mr. Silly

Howdy Mr. Silly,

If I understand correctly, the iTunes window is full screen and this is making it difficult for you to access Preferences and add music to the library. If you haven't already, try clicking the arrows in the top right corner of the window as shown in the article below.

OS X Mountain Lion: Window basics

Switch to full screen

In many apps, including Calendar, Mail, and Safari, you can expand the window to fill your entire screen.

• To expand to full screen, click the arrows in the top-right corner of an app window:

User uploaded file

• To move from one window to another in full-screen view, swipe left and right, or press the arrow keys on your keyboard.
  • To return to standard view, click the arrows in the window’s top-right corner:

User uploaded file

Ciao.

Sep 1, 2015 9:07 PM in response to Jason L

Thank you, Jason. iTunes no longer launches in full-screen mode.

Now maybe you can tell me why iTunes is so incredibly slow.

I can download a whole album to my computer in the time it takes for iTunes to ingest one song. Filling in meta-data and artwork take even more arduously SLOW processing.

My only explanation is Apple no longer wants iTunes to be a database/music player but with 100,000's of songs I am pretty heavily invested in this format.

What's to be done?

Thanks

iTunes 12.2 launches in full screen mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.