Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you stop itunes from coming on when the computer is turned on.

I have Windows 10, I don't want the iTunes to open when I turn on my computer, I can't find where to stop it, in start up? in the settings of iTunes? I don't know where to look, can you assist me.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 2:31 PM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2015 6:08 AM in response to Saliboop

Hi Saliboop,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with iTunes on your Windows 10 machine. If you are having issues with iTunes launching automatically when you restart your computer, you may want to check or try the following things:

• Check to see if iTunes or anything iTunes related is listed in the Autostart menu (Task Manager > Autostart); disable if there is

• In iTunes > Settings, check to make sure that iTunes isn't set to automatically sync with devices, and make sure no devices are plugged into your computer when restarting

• You may want to consider downloading Microsoft's AutoRuns for Windows. Microsoft describes it as having "the most comprehensive knowledge of auto-starting locations of any startup monitor, shows you what programs are configured to run during system bootup or login, and when you start various built-in Windows applications like Internet Explorer, Explorer and media players."

• You may also want to check and see if you have Plex Media Server software installed; there have reports from other users that this software can cause autolaunching in iTunes 12.2. The reported resolution for this is to enable the
Share iTunes Library XML with other applications option is selected in iTunes > Preferences > Advanced.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers

how do you stop itunes from coming on when the computer is turned on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.