Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks keep playing with cover closed

I have used Audible for a long time, but just realised iBooks. Audible's iTunes app is a bit buggy recently and the iTunes tab books all show up as "Part 0" and in a random order. Therefore, i need to use iBooks to listen to some books.

With Audible you could set the sleep timer, shut the smart cover on my iPad and it would keep playing until the timer ended and then stop. However, with iBooks i cannot do this. As soon as i close the smart cover the audio cuts off. If the Audible app can have an option in there to disable auto lock when a book is playing, then surely Apple's own built-in app should have it?!?!

It is just handy as i can leave the iPad on the bedside table listening as i go to sleep. With iBooks i can't because I cant shut the cover so the iPad screen illuminates the entire room!

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 2:26 PM

1 reply

Aug 27, 2015 4:09 AM in response to bunford

On my iPad, iOS 8.4.1, audiobooks in the iBooks app continue playing if I close my iPad's smartcover - you have 8.4.1 or 8.4 installed (no changes are listed in 8.4.1 for audiobooks or the iBooks app, but not all changes are always listed) ? Opening the cover displays the passcode screen, but just swiping shows the audiobook that's playing.

I'm not aware of any setting that enables/disables it

iBooks keep playing with cover closed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.