Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't hide or delete purchased apps in iTunes/Mac App Store using latest Yosemite OS

I just updated my iMAC to OS X Yosemite in hopes it would correct my inability to hide purchased apps in iTunes. It did not fix the problem. I have read the support forums and have tried everything, including hover the mouse over and looking for an "x" in the left corner, and also placing the mouse in the same left corner and clicking as if there was an "x" present. Neither work. The only option I have when bringing up the purchased apps is the iCloud icon on the right side, which when clicked, requires me to log-in with my Apple I.D. and it then downloads the app once I sign-in. Where it downloads, I'm not sure. Ideally, I would like to delete certain apps, which I understand for some reason Apple doesn't allow, but at a minimum, I want to hide them. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 3:36 PM

3 replies

Aug 26, 2015 5:54 PM in response to Dah•veed

Thanks, I tried what the article suggested and went directly through the Mac App Store, as opposed to accessing it through my iTunes account. The article did correctly point out how to hide those I purchased directly for my iMac but those apps I downloaded for other devices were not listed, even though it's using my universal Apple I.D. I'm trying to find out how to hide those I've purchased for an old iPad and current iPhone. I understand that going through iTunes is the only way to properly access it, and I am able to see all the purchased apps, but again, it's not giving me the hide "x."

Can't hide or delete purchased apps in iTunes/Mac App Store using latest Yosemite OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.