Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Song I did not purchase says purchased and cannot download

I am having a problem where a song I did not purchase says purchased next to it and I am unable to download it or actually purchase it. The purchased sign appeared next to the song after I bought a different song on the same album on my iPhone 6. There are two versions of the album: a censored and uncensored version. When I bought a song that wasn't originally explicit on the censored album, the version on the uncensored album says purchased next to it and prevents me from buying it. I suspect this is related somehow but the song I want to buy says purchased next to it on both versions of the album even though I did not buy it in any way, shape, or form. The song still says purchased next to it on my pc and it does not show up in the non-downloaded purchased section of either systems. I did check if iTunes charged me for it and they did not.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 6:43 PM

Found the answer myself. The song was only unavaliable to buy when listed on the album for some reason, so just search up the song name and buy it from the "songs" results.

1 reply

Song I did not purchase says purchased and cannot download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.