Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPods Not Recognized by Computer/Itunes

I have 2 IPods, a Nano 4th Gen, & a Touch 4th Gen. They've both been connected to ITunes before & synced with no issues when used.

Now,

Both are Not Recognized by ITunes at all.

The Touch, when connected to my computer it doesn't even recognize that it's been connected at all. Nothing Shows up in my devices, and when I try to manually add a device, it says there are no new devices. The Touch is Disabled, when my daughter tried to unlock it with out knowing my passcode. I thought that that might have caused a problem, and managed to put it in recovery mode, but that had no effect on it, my computer still didn't detect it when it was connected.

The Nano, when connected my computer recognizes that something has been connected, but immediately give the alert "USB device not recognized- The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.", in my devices & device manager it shows up as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"

I've tried resetting both IPods, turning them off, unplugging them, reconnecting them. I have Uninstalled Itunes & reinstalled it 5 times now, among other things. I've Followed the information found here iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support, including most of the links on that page.

I've got two cables to connect them with, original from when I got them, with these both the problem is the same. They will charge but nothing else.

My computer is running Windows 8.1, and everything is up to date on it.

At this point, I've got no idea what else to do.

iPod touch, Windows 8, Ipod Touch & Ipod Nano, 4th Gens

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 4:08 PM

There are no replies.

IPods Not Recognized by Computer/Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.