Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Calendar - How to include the event organizer as an invitee?

As the organizer of the iCloud Calendar event I want myself (the organizer / inviter) to be included as an invitee along with other invitees so that I can Accept / Decline the event like other invitees (I'm organizing events but not always attending them which other invitees need to be aware of).

I've noticed the following behaviour in Calendar which suggests this is possible: If I send an iCloud Calendar event to a single invitee (xx), then, in the email sent to invitee xx, click "view details", the Calendar information shows that the event has been sent from the organizer (me) to 2 invitees: xx, and me (the organizer name is repeated).

So it appears that Calendar is in fact setting up the organizer as an invitee along with other invitees, but, how to I (the organizer) set my invitee status for the event (Accept / Decline / Maybe) since I (the organizer) do not get an invitee email. I must be missing something but after hours of fiddling and research on this I can't seem to find an answer.

My work around is to include one of my other email accounts (hotmail) as an invitee but this is messy not really the solution I want.

I'm using Calendar v 8.0 (2034.9) under OS X Yosemite 10.10.5.

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 7:22 PM

There are no replies.

Apple Calendar - How to include the event organizer as an invitee?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.