Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant open hightail upgrade as its not recognised.

///Cant open the download as the developer is not rcognized.

What to do?

iMac 13.1 late 2012

intel Core i5

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 7:35 PM

8 replies

Aug 27, 2015 4:30 PM in response to NZDoug

You can override Gatekeeper from the instructionshere by changing the default setting from "MAC app store and identified developers" to "Anywhere" but keep in mind you've just defeated a key OSX security system that protects you while attempting to install "Hightail" now (and other unidentified apps in the future unless you reset Gatekeeper back to "MAC app store and identified developers".)

I can only assume you trust the developer and "Hightail" enough to take this risk.

DISCLAIMER: Neither I or ASC can be responsible for the consequences if you choose to defeat Gatekeeper

Aug 27, 2015 4:51 PM in response to blackdogaudio

BlackDogAudio,

Everything was working fine, but now its getting way too big times for file transfer then going into suspended limbo.

Im on the Hightail forems and Im trying their sugestions, like empty its program trash, etc.

Its my wifes Mac as she and her team use that program.

What other program does Mac apps have that you could recommend?

I know she doesnt like Dropbox but will us it in an emergency.

Thanks for the over ride solution.

Hopefully we wont have to resort to it.

Could I do as you suggest, then download the new stuff, then turn the safety feature back on?

cheers

D

Aug 27, 2015 5:34 PM in response to NZDoug

I've only ever used Dropbox and even then, only from Windows PCs. I do recall others here at ASC have used Dropbox, Google Drive (with issues as I recall) and possibly Microsoft's OneDrive with OSX but you'd probably want to search through the ASC forum for more specifics on success or failure. (I've used iCloud Drive without issues but not with large file transfers nor a variety of file types to provide any solid feedback.)

Yes, you can disable Gatekeeper temporarily setting it to Anywhere long enough to launch the Hightail installer and complete the installation. Just make sure you download their software installer package from the developer's website and afterwards, reverse Gatekeeper back to the default setting "MAC app store and identified developers". Keep in mind this is all at your own risk as Apple has not signed off on their application.

cant open hightail upgrade as its not recognised.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.