Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Option backspace (⌥⌫) deleting new line space ahead of cursor position when used while autocorrect is working.

I use ⌥⌫ pretty frequently while writing, but in pages it seems to work kinda wonky. The text input seems kinda jankey, and if the last word I typed was just autocorrected, ⌥⌫ will delete the lines ahead of my paragraph. I also am getting other sorts of weirdness where words will autocorrect before I finish typing them, or underline as incorrect while I am in the middle of typing them.

Is this a general issue, or something limited to me?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 5:32 PM

2 replies

Aug 26, 2015 6:08 PM in response to valtism

Option-delete behaves the same way, whether in Pages '09, or Pages v5.5.3. With an insertion beam directly behind a word, the option-delete will remove the next white space character, and the single word that follows. It works across hard returns and line wraps.

If you start a new paragraph, and you have for instance, the after paragraph spacing set to 6 points, placing the insertion beam after the last word in the previous paragraph, but before the sentence stop (.) — an option-delete will remove the period, the pilcrow (paragraph mark), the 6 points of after paragraph space, and the first word of the second paragraph — before joining the remaining text of the second paragraph to the end of the first paragraph.

Option backspace (⌥⌫) deleting new line space ahead of cursor position when used while autocorrect is working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.