Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

silverlight won't load on my iphone 6?

I need Silverlight to look at my work schedule and it will not load on my new iphone 6? Anything out there that works in lieu of Silverlight?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 8:20 PM

No, there is no version of Silverlight for iOS. I believe Microsoft has abandoned the technology entirely.

You might try one of the browsers that provides Flash access and see if they offer Silverlight as well. Puffin gets mentioned.

11 replies

Aug 30, 2015 7:10 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

I downloaded Pufin and it turned out to be just another browser. It does pretty much the same thing that Safari does. I tried to view my work calendar using it and it took me right back to Silverlight and said that I couldn't view the calendar without Silverlight. I am beginning to think that it is a systemic problem with my work website. I have tried to contact them, but they are always too busy. So it's back to using the pc until I can up with something. So much for a phone that costs much more than my pc. I understand that it's all about politics and apple and silverlight butting heads and we pay the price....

Aug 31, 2015 6:50 AM in response to Foxman24!

While Microsoft has not actually abandoned Silverlight (still supported for Windows and OS X - and recently updated), There has never been a version for iOS and little indication there ever will be. While less prone to security issue than Flash, it is still dated technology that likely cannot meet iOS security standards (or Microsoft simply hasn't put any effort in to developing it for iOS).

What calendar platform are you using that requires Silverlight? Exchange does NOT need it.

Aug 31, 2015 7:11 AM in response to KiltedTim

I agree, its days are numbered, or should be in a rational world (in fact I do not believe Edge supports it), but I stand by my statement that is has not been abandoned. The full depreciation date has been moved out a few times, and MS enterprise support still considers it viable. Maybe the lack of support in Edge means it finally will go away.

silverlight won't load on my iphone 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.