Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 5th Generation Dead?

My iPod decided to die the other day and become completely unresponsive. I am just about to package it up to get it worked on and I noticed it mysteriously came back on and completely drained. It's currently on charge and seems to be making no progress. It has done this before but never came back on like this. Also, I noticed that it got very hot the other day before it died. The company that repaired my iPod the first time said it was just a dirty charging port, but I think the issue goes much deeper than that. Opinions?

iPod touch

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 5:19 PM

6 replies

Aug 27, 2015 5:19 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks for the help! I've heard of programs like that before. I honestly just didn't think of trying any of those options. I was able to get my device backed up to my computer last night. My iPod decided to start itself back up and is working. I will still be sending it in to get it checked out and the home button fixed.

iPod Touch 5th Generation Dead?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.