Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any Reason To Keep My AirPort Extreme?

Purchased a '09 iMac early last year and he also gave me the Airport Extreme 802.11n WiFi.

Century Link is my internet provider, I now own two iPads and an Apple TV that I use throughout the rest of the house.

I live alone and my office is in the basement and the iMac has an Epson Artisan 800 wired to it.

Is there any reason for me not to sell the AirPort?

iMac (24-inch Mid 2007), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 4:11 PM

4 replies

Aug 31, 2015 5:22 PM in response to specificgravity

entered the model number on Ebay and see some for sale for up to $210

Umm, a brand new AirPort Extreme from Apple is less than $200, and it comes with a new factory warranty. A used AirPort Extreme has no warranty at all.

A quick 10 second check on Ebay revealed this, for example:

User uploaded file

The A1408 model that you see above is a 2012-2013 model. Your AirPort is a 2009 or 2010 model, so at best, it might bring $20 tops if you still have the box, original packing, manual, etc.

Look on the bottom of your AirPort Extreme and locate the model number. It starts with an "A" followed by four numbers. Post back with that, and we'll tell you a bit more about the product.

Any Reason To Keep My AirPort Extreme?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.