Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad air 2 mail froze

after I delete my unwanted mail I tried to open my mail and its froze and it doesn't work for a while (sometimes more than an hour after) I don't know why this is happening, what can I do, I'm somewhat new to iOS so in feeling totally lost, my only solution was to download the yahoo app so I can have acces to my email account, but I miss the mail app

iPad 2, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 5:01 PM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2015 12:32 PM in response to altaira1964

Hi altaira1964,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with Mail freezing on your iPad. If you continue to have issues with Mail, you may want to try forcing the app to close, then restarting your iPad and seeing if the issue returns (apologies if you have already done so). You may find the information and steps outlined in the following articles helpful:

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

My ipad air 2 mail froze

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.