Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to access my iPod via my laptop?

My iPod has been in airplane mode for a few weeks now, I simply didn't bother using it since I had my phone. Today I got a notification stating that I needed to backup my iPod. In order to do this, my iPod needs to be connected to WiFi and connected to my laptop.

The problem is now, that I can't click this notification away. There is an "OK" button, but when I tap it, nothing happens. I need this notification to go away in order to unlock my iPod (and turn on the WiFi). I also need this notification to be gone in order to restart my iPod, so restarting is not an option either. Also, an iPod on airplane mode with the lowest brightness possible could probably survive for weeks, and needless to say, I am not really looking forward to waiting for a few weeks until the battery runs out and then try restarting it again.

I would like to know if more people had/have this problem, and how I could solve it. Simply going to iTunes and clicking "Backup to Cloud" doesn't work, it only makes backups to my computer, while the notification on my iPod states that it should be backupped on the Cloud too. Rebooting the iPod is not possible, unlocking it is not possible, and getting the notification away is not quite possible either.

Is there maybe a way to access my iPod from my laptop, get to the settings and turn on the WiFi again? Is there a way to reboot it from my laptop, or control it in some way? Just in case: I have an iPod Touch 4G (iOS 6.1.5), and I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 8 running.

Thanks in advance!

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 6:56 PM

1 reply

Is it possible to access my iPod via my laptop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.