Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out?

My spouse's iPad keyboard configuration changed from keypad to qwerty configuration? Since then her passcode doesn't translate to the qwerty keyboard and she is locked out! BTW, she never backed it up. Should we reset to factory settings and take the chance to lose what's on there, or is there a way to get the keypad configuration back without gaining access to Settings? Thanks, EFP

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 7:16 PM

6 replies

Aug 27, 2015 12:42 AM in response to ericfrompacifica

If it's showing the disabled screen then you will need to reset it back to factory defaults : If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

If it's not disabled and you get the keyboard on the lock screen, then does tapping the ?123 button bottom left of the keyboard give you the numbers line, and does entering the numeric passcode work ? If not then has anybody else had access to the iPad and could have changed the passcode, or has the iPad got an Exchange (e.g. work) email account on it, and could the account administrator be forcing a complex passcode ? If not then use the instructions on the above link to reset the iPad.

Aug 27, 2015 2:02 AM in response to King_Penguin

hi, I am deaf person from Romania in my city Brasov

My name is Odette.

My friend a woman deaf name is Forika Ionela, she has problems with iPad mini is blocked.

How you can help me open.

I wait for your reply. Thank you for understanding.

Yours Sincerely, Odette

P.S. How you can help me, please ICloud Backup for this iPad not performed backup 37 weeks.

Backup happen when the iPad is connected lock.

Please help me open iPad.

Locked out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.