Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't share audio roles as separate files

Please help! I need to send sound mixer the audio files on my project, and I cannot.

I can't share audio roles as separate files. Keep getting this message: "[filename] cannot be saved in the folder untitled folder because you don‘t have permission.To view or change permissions, select the item in Finder and choose File > Get Info."

I have gone through and assigned boom as one dialogue role, lav as another (I want him to have access to both), I have assigned roles to ambience, and I have music. But when I try to export them as .aiff files, Audio Only as separate files, I get that error message.

I am using the latest version of FCPX and I was able to export dialogue and voice over no problem just recently.

Thanks for your help.

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 7:26 PM

5 replies

Aug 26, 2015 8:06 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks. I just mentioned that info as this is the first time I've gotten this message, and the first time I've tried sharing this many separate audio files, so it seemed related. I did try changing the save locations, and that didn't make a difference. There is ample space on both my iMac and the external drive...

Aug 26, 2015 8:47 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

It's formatted for a Mac. It's a USB 3.0 connection. The file sizes in total would only be about 450MB, so it doesn't make sense -- I have shared much larger master files to my desktop before with no problem. There is over 1T space on my external, and 500GB of space on my iMac HD. It's so aggravating! And when I try to change 'permissions' on the fcpx project file, by getting info (like the error tells me), there is nothing of that sort, other than having myself have
'read + write' privileges.

Can't share audio roles as separate files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.