Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to unmerge contacts from someone else's iCloud?

How do I unmerge contacts from someone else's contacts? Someone else logged in with their account on my iPad and when I re logged into mine, I noticed that when I create a message, I see their contacts yet,they are not in my contacts app. Please help.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 11:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 5:16 AM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

If they aren't in the contacts app then they aren't merged and you can't unmerge them. What you are most likely seeing is suggestions based on your message history.

4 replies

Aug 27, 2015 1:39 PM in response to Ialexc9

I can only guess since I don't know the full story, but,,,

Your friend logged into her account on your phone and their contacts filled the contacts app, which they used to email their friends from. When they eventually logged out and you logged in, their contacts disappeared from contacts and yours took their place, however mail still remembers all the addresses so it can suggest them if you start to type one again. It's nothing to worry about, it's not a security risk.

How to unmerge contacts from someone else's iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.