Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airport transfer file issue

I have a new AirPort and just got it connected to my mac book pro. I am trying to transfer files from the mac book and from an old hard drive to the AirPort. I keep getting the message below when I try to drag and drop a file, pic etc.

Modifying 'Paul's AirPort Time Capsule' requires an administrator name and password.

To move 'IMG_9580.jpg", click Authenticate.

Any advice would be helpful

Thanks,

pK

Air Port -OTHER

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 7:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 7:33 PM

Unmount the TC in finder..

Mount the disk again manually.. using Go, Connect to server in finder top menu.

Type in the command SMB://10.0.1.1 (or whatever IP the TC has.. that is default.. you can find it from the airport utility summary page when you click the icon).

The next bit is important.. when Finder tries to find and mount the disk it will request a password.. please supply the password you set when you did the TC setup.. and make sure you save it in your keychain.

Now try and copy the files.. if that doesn't work, I recommend you use a virtual disk to do it.

See Pondini. Q3 here.

http://pondini.org/TM/Time_Capsule.html

Just to be clear Apple did not build the TC for file server NAS.. it is a target for TM backups.. and if you use TM to backup your files and disk it will most likely work fine.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2015 7:33 PM in response to medicpke

Unmount the TC in finder..

Mount the disk again manually.. using Go, Connect to server in finder top menu.

Type in the command SMB://10.0.1.1 (or whatever IP the TC has.. that is default.. you can find it from the airport utility summary page when you click the icon).

The next bit is important.. when Finder tries to find and mount the disk it will request a password.. please supply the password you set when you did the TC setup.. and make sure you save it in your keychain.

Now try and copy the files.. if that doesn't work, I recommend you use a virtual disk to do it.

See Pondini. Q3 here.

http://pondini.org/TM/Time_Capsule.html

Just to be clear Apple did not build the TC for file server NAS.. it is a target for TM backups.. and if you use TM to backup your files and disk it will most likely work fine.

airport transfer file issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.